|It's a cheap car to maintain and run with great features and a spacious cabin.||It has a lot of cheap interior plastics and does not look as good or as distinctive as its sibling - the Elantra.||It's a fantastic car that's inexpensive for the masses, has some great features, and comparatively, it costs nothing to run and maintain. It may not stand out in traffic, but it looks good and clean. Its design will age well.|
Does it have any competitors or rivals?
Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla
What’s interesting about the 2022 Kia Forte?
- New GT Line Trim available
- Very fuel efficient
- GT line gets the standard engine but gets better tires and suspension
How about the prices and trims?
The Forte has 5 trims - FE, LXS, GT Line, GT and GT Manual
- 8 inch-touchscreen with 4-speakers
- Backup camera with guidelines
- Auto Headlights with high beam
- 4.2 inch MID display
- 15-inch wheels
- 16-inch alloys
- Lane Keep assist
- Soft touch door trim
- 16-inch alloys
- Lane Keep assist
- Soft touch door trim
GT Line :
- 10.25-inch screen with Navigation and Kia Connect
- 6-speaker audio system with option to upgrade to 320 watt Harman Kardon system
- Rear Seat Alert
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- DRLs and Projector lamps
- GT line exterior trims and leather steering wheel
- 17-inch alloys
- Auto Emergency Braking
- 1.6-liter turbo with 201 hp
- 7 speed DCT
- 18-inch alloys
- LED Headlamps
- Wireless phone charger
- Power Sunroof
- 6 speed manual
- 320 Harman Kardon 8 speaker system with integrated Subwoofer as standard
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4 summer tires
- Standard heated front seats
|Trims||FE||LXS||GT Line||GT ||GT Manual|
|Starting Price (USD)||19,090||19,590||21,290||23,490||24,490|
|Engine||2.0-liter 4 cylinder ||2.0-liter 4 cylinder ||2.0 liter 4 cylinder ||1.6-liter turbo 4 cylinder||1.6-liter turbo 4 cylinder|
|0-60 mph (s)||8.2||8.2||8.2||6.7||6.7|
|Transmission||iVT (CVT)||iVT (CVT)||iVT (CVT)||7 speed DCT ||6 speed Manual|
Which one do we recommend?
The GT Line is a good trim smart choice because it has a superior infotainment system and visual changes that make it look less bland than the other trims. However, if performance is a factor, the GT trim is the way to go, and you may select the trims based on the transmission - the manual transmission gets a 320-watt Harman Kardon 8-speaker sound system with a subwoofer.
What about its availability?
The Forte is available at all Kia dealerships near you.
What about its performance and handling?
The standard suspension (rear torsion beam) is comfortable. However, at high speeds, the rear suspension may bounce around more. The GT has multi-link suspension, which improves handling and provides comfort even at high speeds.
For an entry-level sedan, the steering is sharp and accurate, and the brakes are excellent. Better tires on higher grade levels improve handling and make it easier to push the car to its limits. The 2.0-liter engine produces plenty of power and torque while being extremely fuel efficient.
If you frequently drive on highways, the 1.6-liter engine is an excellent choice.
All of the transmissions perform admirably, including the CVT! It is one of the best systems and responds faster than most CVTs on the market. The DCT shifts quite quickly, and the manual transmission has a wonderful sporty and accurate short throw.
How’s the interior?
|Seating||Headroom, Front/Rear||Legroom, Front/Rear||Cargo volume|
|5||38.8 / 37.5 Inches||42.2 / 35.7 Inches||24.2 (64.1 with rear seats folded) cubic feet|
The cabin perfectly reflects the vehicle's price point. Its entire budget has been spent to provide as many amenities as possible while saving money on cabin materials. There are a lot of low-cost plastics, but they get better as you move up the trim line.
- Standard 6 way manually adjustable front passenger seats
- Optional heated and ventilated seats available from GT line trim
- Soft touch door trim- standard from LXS
- Optional 10-way power adjustable driver seat in GT Line and GT.
- No 60/40 split rear seats in FE
- No 10-way power adjustable driver seat available as option on GT manual
Infotainment and connectivity
- The base two trims of the Forte get an 8-inch touchscreen, while the GT Line has a 10.25-inch screen.
- The GT Manual comes standard with a 320 Watt Harman Kardon premium sound system.
- The basic 4 and 6 speaker systems on the GT Line and GT are also quite impressive.
- Standard Bluetooth connection and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are both supported
- Front and Rear USB Charging ports
- Voice Command
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are available only on the lowest trims
- Only a 4.2-inch driver’s display in the age of fully digital displays
How about the technology and features?
It has a plethora of amenities that will make owning this car quite convenient. It includes a backup camera with guidelines, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated and ventilated seats, rear AC vents, Dual-zone climate control, and various drive modes. It also boasts Smart Trunk, which automatically opens the trunk lid when you stand behind the vehicle with the car keys on you.
- It has a host of Driver Assistance Features
- Wireless phone charger available as an optional extra on GT line and standard on GT trims
- Power Sunroof as an optional extra on GT Line and above
- Spare tire is a space saver
How’s the exterior?
It looks to be as good as any practical sedan starting under $20,000. The design is characterized by form over function. Kia's emphasis on utility, however, has not overwhelmed their emphasis on form. The vehicle still looks excellent, but it won't stand out in traffic unless you purchase the GT Line or GT trims, which have larger alloys, a spoiler, side sills, and more aggressive bumpers.
What warranty and safety does it offer?
- A 5-year/60,000-mile basic limited warranty is offered
- A 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty is offered
- Roadside Assistance for 5 years/60,000 miles
- 5 years/100,000 miles limited Anti Perforation warranty
- Features like Lane Keep Assist, Lane Following Assist, Driver Attention Warning, Rear Occupant Alert and Forward Collision Avoidance with Pedestrian Alert are standard.
- XLE gets Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Braking Assist over the standard features. It also gets Front and Rear Parking Assist with Auto Braking.
- It has six airbags
The Forte received a 4 star crash rating by the NHTSA